When it comes to purchasing a new mattress, you probably have a few questions…and, on the other hand, you may have a few mattress facts tucked away in the recesses of your mind that you’ll use to help dictate your purchase decisions. Before making a move on a new mattress, be sure you’re working with the right information! Here are the top 5 myths about mattresses:
- Every mattress must be replaced every ten years. You’ve probably heard but every mattress needs to be replaced every ten years, but that’s not the case. As with any product, your mattress should be replaced when you feel that it’s time. If you are sleeping soundly and well-supported with no issues, why replace your mattress? If your guest bedroom is rarely used, it doesn’t make sense to swap out the mattress in 10 years. Instead, we recommend checking in with yourself and your internal sense of wellbeing as often as possible.
- It’s just a mattress. While spending your hard-earned money on a new mattress may not be quite as exciting as treating yourself to a yoga retreat, buying a new camera, or taking your family on vacation, your mattress purchase is truly an investment in your daily quality of life….and what’s more valuable than that? A supportive mattress will provide a foundation of health, wellness, rest, and relaxation that your body will appreciate for many years to come.
- You must try out your mattress in-person before you buy. After doing things one way for decades–i.e., the way the mattress industry has sold their products from showrooms staffed by an entourage of salespeople–change can be jarring. Is it nice to be able to see, feel, touch, lounge, and lie on a mattress before you buy? Yes, but we have an even better idea! Instead of a few, measly minutes in the showroom, when you purchase a Nuvanna mattress, take a full 90 days to try out your new mattress before even thinking about making such a serious commitment.
- One night of sleep is enough for me to know if this mattress is “the one.” Ninety days? Who needs ninety days to see if a mattress is a good fit? Well, you might think that you’re able to tell after a night or two of sleeping on your new mattress, but that’s simply not the case. Because a Nuvanna mattress conforms to your body shape and weight, the personalization process doesn’t happen overnight. So, instead of making a quick decision, we urge you to take the full 90 days to see how your Nuvanna mattress will customize to fit your specific sleep needs.
- The best mattresses are expensive. In the brick-and-mortar mattress model, storerooms are open 8-10 hours a day, 6 or 7 days a week, located in prime real estate storefronts, heated, cooled, lit, and fully staffed! All of those expenses translate into incredible overhead which is, unfortunately, passed on to you as the consumer. When you purchase a Nuvanna mattress, you might be surprised at how affordable our products are….It has nothing to do with our products being of lesser quality (in fact, our quality is amongst the highest in the industry!) and everything to do with how our online presence allows us to serve you in a way that efficient, environmentally-friendly, and forward-thinking.
What questions do you have about mattresses? We’d love to chat with you!
When I had neck and back problems I slept on our guest bedroom mattress and loved it so much we replaced our sleepnumber bed with a Nuvanna mattress. They are amazing! I recommend them to everyone!
Published on Friday, May 4, 2018
Rated 9.3 out of 10. See some of the reviews here.View More Reviews